Best of Show Results 2011
Date: Saturday July 21st 2012 5 pm to 8 pm, awards at 7pm.
Judging starts at 9 am and all are welcome. Tasting starts at 5 pm!
How to enter:
- Between April 2, 2012 and June 1, 2012 register for the competition online at the DE State Fair web site (fee is only $5).
- Drop off two plain 12oz bottles with a BJCP bottle ID form attached to each bottle with a rubber band.
- Also fill out an Entry / Recipe form and submit that along with your two bottles of beer at one of the drop off points. It is important that you fill out this form completely to ensure that your beer is judged properly.
- Drop off points are listed below and will accept entrees between July 1, 2012- July 10, 2012.
- Forms are available by clicking on the "links" button above.
- Anyone mailing in beer please mail to:
Fordham and Old Dominion
Att: Battle of the Brews
1284 McD Drive
Dover, DE 19901-4639
More Entry Details:
- This is a BJCP sanctioned event therefore judging of the beer is done using the BJCP Style Guidelines.
- Please use the guidline to enter the appropriate beer style when you register online.
- Fill out the Entry / Recipe form and Bottle ID form as completely as possible, especially if special ingredients were used in your beer.
- Competition is open to non commercially brewed beer only.
- Mead and Cider will not be accepted in this competition.
Drop off points:
- How Do You Brew, Newark, DE 302-738-7009
- Fordham and Old Dominion, Dover, DE 302-678-4810
- Xtreme Brewing, Millsboro and Lewes, DE 302-934-8588
-Dan Woodall 302-698-4526, Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm.
- Best of show $250 and a certificate for a free entry in the AHA National Homebrew Competition.
- 2nd BOS $150, 3rd BOS $50.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place ribbons for all category winners.
- All entries will recieve a judges score card and evaluation.
- Award ceremony will be held directly after the judging.
- Please contact Judge Director Ron Price at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Local breweries will be on site to pour some of the freshest most delicious beer on the the Delmarva Penninsula for your pleasure.